Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Propane Applicances, Is it ok to run down the highway with the Frig and...
Mike Brown
Posted: Mar 27 2003, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Is it ok to run down the highway with the Frig and hot water heater on in the propane run mode? Thanks. Mike.

Don in OKC
Posted: Mar 27 2003, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Mike:

Some do, it's widely suggested that you don't!

====

Don't know why the hot water tank would need to be on? The fridge is usually the question.

====

With the motorhome, I used to run with the fridge on propane. But I don't trust the plumbing in a trailer, more bouncing.

These little fridges seem to get by OK on DC, or pack em cold and leave em off while travelling (for a few hours).

====

If you choose to run with the propane on, I think most would agree to turn it off when refuelling ('before' you turn into the gas area, or as you turn off the interstate).

Harvey&Charlotte 1187
Posted: Mar 27 2003, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I pack my fridge and put on ac for a day before i leave. I have done this many times and even in 100 degree heat i still had frozen popcicles in the freezer at the end of a long day. Harv.

Smitty
Posted: Mar 27 2003, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

The fridge on gas would need to be turned off at a gas station for safety reasons. Gee when its real windy the hot water heater pilots sometimes shuts off. Some one added a baffle to the outside to solve that prob. But the hot water heater doesnt take very long, so just light it during setup at camping site

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0611 ]   [ 10 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]